Resin Obsession – Resin Art, Crafts & Jewelry Supplies › Forums › Molds and moldmaking › Castings from mold not clear
- October 26, 2014 at 4:02 am #1574Katherine SwiftGuest
This question comes through email by Salome:
Hello! i really want to buy some molds from you, silicone molds but when i make my own mold with amazing mold putty the front of the project turns out really opaque not very clear! you can still see through but its not crystal clear, do you know why?
THANKS A LOT
- October 26, 2014 at 4:03 am #1575Katherine SwiftGuest
What are you using for your mold template? If it isnt shiny, it isnt going to produce a mold that will make shiny castings.
- October 26, 2014 at 4:27 am #1576MyrnaGuest
The piece im using is a glass dome
- October 30, 2014 at 3:00 am #1577Katherine SwiftGuest
Is the glass dome polished or a matte finish?
- July 31, 2020 at 1:37 pm #85271Katherine SwiftKeymaster
- The topic ‘Castings from mold not clear’ is closed to new replies.