Cloudy and matte

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Romany

Hey! I made some resin pieces for the first time. All with the same cup of mixed resin, so all my piecea looked fine and clear like glass. But with one mold I used all 3 resin pieces were cloudy when they were cured. I read something about the temperature being too cold but I don’t think that’s the problem because the other resin piecea from different mold looked fine and i used the same resin out of the same plastic cup! The cloudy pieces are like fully cloudy, so not only the top layer or something but they’re cloudy and matte everywhere. Is there maybe something wrong with my mold? I have seen resin pieces of other people who used the exact same mold as me but their pieces looked fine. I’m really confused

Romany

Oh, I forgot to say that the resin part on the back, that touched the air and not the mold, wasn’t cloudy. But the rest of the whole piece was.

Romany

And I also used letter beads in the resin but you can’t even see the clear because the piece is so blurry

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Romany, it sounds like your mold was made from a matte or non-shiny template. Any resin will pick up the surface of the mold when it cures. At this point, you will either need to recoat with another layer of resin, or coat with a couple of layers of resin gloss sealer spray. You can find it in our store here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/castin-craft-gloss-resin-sealer-spray

You can see how I used the spray to make matte charms shiny here: https://youtu.be/ITsGX4PcPrE

Romany

Thank you 🙂
      Can this product be shipped to the Netherlands? Because I read something about this product being a Shipping hazard.

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Unfortunately, you are correct. Since this material is an aerosol product, it cannot ship by air methods.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Cloudy and matte’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube