- May 1, 2019 at 5:38 pm #39775JamesGuest
Recently I did a cast of some puzzle pieces for a commission and noticed all of the pieces had convexed in the mold, is there a way to fix for the current project and prevent for future ones? I didn’t fill the molds all the way because they wanted thinner pieces
- May 1, 2019 at 6:25 pm #39779
Can you link to a picture? I want to be sure I fully understand what’s going on.
- May 2, 2019 at 4:55 am #39835JamesGuest
I have not posted a picture of it anywhere but what I’m having is raised edges and a dip towards the center like it’s bowed in the center
- May 2, 2019 at 11:24 am #39863
Hi James, it sounds like what you are experiencing is a normal occurrence when casting resin. I talk about it in this video:
You can try overfilling your mold a little more than you did previously. The resin will shrink and hopefully be more level.
- The topic ‘Convexing in mold’ is closed to new replies.