Correcting color mistakes

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift

This question comes through email by Kaye:

I have been wondering this for a while and just cant find the answer Im looking for, so hope someone can help me!?!  I made some red and white resin coasters using easy cast epoxy.  A tiny bit of the white has run into the red and I want to tidy them up a bit.  Is it possible to correct this with a tiny bit of paint?  If so, what kind of paint can I use and if there is a paint I can use, will it be waterproof?  If it is not a waterproof paint, is there another coating to put over it to make it waterproof?

Id be sooo grateful for some advice on this, because I dont want to do anything with them the way the are and Id rather not waste them.

Thanks in advance!

Katherine Swift

Picture of casting:

Katherine Swift

Kaye,

It looks like your mistakes are where you casted the red, then the white and the white ran onto the side of the red?

I suppose you could try coloring with a sharpie or other permanent marker, but if it were me, I would sand the sides down to get rid of the drips.  Yes, a pain, but I tend to be a bit fussy about my castings.

Maybe someone else can give another idea.

Kaye

Oh thanks for that Katherine.

I hadnt thought of sanding the sides, but that makes perfect sense.  I was kind of thinking the drips wouldnt just be on the sides, but they probably are.
      If it doesnt work, I may be back for more advice, but hopefully this will do the trick.
      I really appreciate your advice.
      Thanks again.
      Kaye
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Correcting color mistakes’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube