cuping in resin pendants

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ken

Hi, I would like to know why I got cuping on some of my resin poured pendants but not on others. All were poured from the same mix at the same time. This was my very first attempt at resin and would like to know how to correct the problem before continuing. thanks fr the help.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

I’m not sure I understand what you are describing. Can you link to a picture?

Ken

cannot figure out how to attach a photo. what I mean by cup is that is seems to have just sagged completely to center from the completer perimeter instead of leveling. I hope this explains it a little better and thanks for assistance.

Katherine Swift
          Keymaster

Hi Ken, it sounds like your resin didn’t dome. What kind/brand are you using?

Ken

Crystal Clear two part epoxy resin with a 1:1 mix.. I am also wondering if maybe the problem could be caused by not filling the mold fully. Other piececes in the same form with same mix came out perfectly, Cured great with no problems. The cupping looks like shallow bowls.

Katherine Swift
              Keymaster

Is it a doming resin or a casting resin? If it’s a casting resin, you can get the cupping you describe.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘cuping in resin pendants’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube