That looks great but what do i do with it LOL

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jessica

um…i have no idea why this popped up 3 times in a row. sorry and please delete  the extra 2 🙂

Katherine Swift

Hi Jessica!

Have you thought about getting a dremel tool?  Theyre rather inexpensive (~$50) and can work at a slow speed.  I dont have any good tricks for you that dont involve a drill.

Katherine

Jessica

where does one pick one of those up?  is there a certain brand that is better?

thanks for the input!
      Katherine Swift

Jessica, you should be able to get a Dremel (that is the brand name) tool at any of the major chain home improvement stores.  I might have seen one at one of those big crafting stores too, but Im not sure.  The nice thing about getting it a home improvement store is that you can get some extras that may not come with the kit (drill bits, sanding pieces, etc.)

Nicole

Hey Jessica if your ultimate goal is to be able to string your cast resin on a pendant (or something similar), there are alternatives to drilling with a dremel.  

If youre into wire wrapping, why not marry the two crafts and wrap your resin with wire!  Wire wrapping is really popular right now, and it would add a unique touch to your creation.

Have you considered simply gluing an eyepin or a bale to the back of your piece?  This can be achieved using either E6000 epoxy, 3D crystal lacquer, or simply using a fine layer of resin as your glue.  

If youre using an eyepin, make sure the eyelet rests flat, parallel to your working surface.  Then when the glue cures, use some jewelry pliers to attach a jump ring to the eyelet.  This will let you string your creation on any chain or pendant and it will sit nice and flat for you!  A very similar process can be done to make charm bracelets or even dangle earrings.

If necklaces/pendants are not your thing, you can also glue your resin to ring blanks and make some funky rings out of them.  Or you can glue them to earring post blanks to make button earrings.

If all else fails, you can make custom door knobs for drawers, paperweights, magnets for the fridge, brooches, and lucky charms.

Im sure theres a lot of other wicked cool stuff to do out there, but this is all I could think up of.  Hope it helps.

Jessica

I have just started this week with resin and have molds that ive been working with. They turned out awesome but I need a hole in them so I can make necklaces. Everything I see says I need a hand drill. As I dont have one are there any alternatives, tips or highly classified trade secrets that I can work with…

thanks!
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This video will give you some ideas on what to do with your charms — drilling or otherwise

https://youtu.be/Bd6Va1Sj-a0

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The topic ‘That looks great but what do i do with it LOL’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube