Dry rub decals coming off polyurethane resin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kas

Hi guys I’m new to this site, wanted know if anyone can help me please. I am
      Casting some parts using polyurethane resin and once finished I am applying dry rub decals on them. When I apply them they look really stuck on and good. A couple of days later they start to come off in in areas, like tiny little bubbles coming off. Now I have not degassed the resin so not sure if this is the reason why? Can anyone help?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

I’ve never used decals on cured resin without pouring a layer of clear over the top to adhere them down. Is that an option for you?

Kas

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, tbh I haven’t used anything like that, I have just sanded the parts surface down to a smooth finish then applied the dry rub decals, I guess I can apply some top, do you have any recommendations in which one I should use?

Thanks

Kas

I’ve checked this method out and I think it’s not right for the project Im working on, for mine it should simply be more of a process involving 1)cast part 2)prepare surface 3)apply dry rub decal. So still need to troubleshoot this problem. Right now the only thing in my mind is that the resin needs to be degassed But may be wrong

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Dry rub decals coming off polyurethane resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube