Edible Glitter as a back ground

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Cheri

Hi All

I am really interested in trying to make resin jewerlly – However I live in New Zealand and have huge trouble getting alot of stuff – including resin and Glitter.

I will be doing a large order from resin obession to get me started but was wondering if edible Glitter can be used a a back ground or would the resin desolve it?

Thanks
      Cheri

Katherine Swift

Hi Cheri,

Im not familiar with edible glitter, but if its like sprinkles or decorations for candy and cookies, yes, you can use it in resin.  I would recommend sealing them first (the resin gloss spray works great for this, but we cant ship that product overseas).  You can try a glue paint on sealant for this process.

I know that sounds like overkill, but whenever Ive used edible products in resin, the castings looked great for months, then started to leach out and/or change color almost a year after they were cast.

If there are others doing this technique, I would love to hear what your experience has been.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

We have several glitter products that can ship to you in New Zealand in our store:

https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/colorants/Powder

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Edible Glitter as a back ground’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube