Embedding logos printed on transparency film

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Charli

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me. I’m creating keepsakes for a 35th Reunion and I saw on a Youtube tutorial that they embedded a logo printed on transparency film so I thought I would try it. I printed our High School emblem and Class of… etc on transparency film (which took a week to dry enough to not smudge when touched) then I embedded it in casting resin in a mold. As they are setting there a lot of fine lines appearing all around the outer edge heading into the centre of the transparency film like its cracking or melting the film. It’s not totally set yet so I haven’t removed the casting from the mold. Is there something I’m missing that I should’ve done to prevent this? I’m only new to resin casting. My aim was to make a flat see-through shape that had the reunion information inside the resin. Is there something else I can use successfully instead of transparency film? Cheers…

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Charli,

How weird! What kind/brand of resin are you using? I have not experienced this problem, but I get my transparencies done for me at a copy store. Maybe that makes a difference?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Embedding logos printed on transparency film’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube