Encasing artwork in resin to be built into a brick wall

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Edward Williams

Hello to everyone I am looking for some advice on how to encase family artwork into resin which will then be built into a brick wall in my back garden.

Last year I got members of my family to each paint a brick that I then laid and built into a wall in my back garden. The affect and points of interest looked amazing. Anyway a harsh winter later and the bricks have all pealed off and artwork destroyed.

As to not give up on the idea I now have a plan B, art work to be draw / painted on to some card and encased in clear resin and again built into the wall. Thickness of 20-30mm positioned on recessed brick.
      Now I’m pretty handy at laying the bricks but have no experience in resin and am not sure how to best make the mould. The mould would need be 65mm x 215mm (size of a brick) and resin depth of 20-30mm. Having several moulds would save alot of time and effort.
      Also any advise of type and where to buy the clear resin?

If anyone could offer some advise that would be great, thanks Edward

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Edward,

If it were me, I wouldn’t use resin for outdoor use as I don’t think you’ll be happy with the results long-term. This article explains more: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/resin-outdoors/

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Encasing artwork in resin to be built into a brick wall’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube