Epoxy Resin Hardness

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keith

My Wife and I recently made some Geode Tables with no substrate from epoxy Art Resin. They turned out beautiful! After letting the table set for 3-weeks I inverted the 21’x 19″x 3/4″ thick table on 4 large plastic cups to drill the bottom for the threaded insert to attach the legs. I had the table sitting on the cups for 3-4 hrs while the epoxy set around the insert. After the epoxy set, I turned the tabletop back over on the work table and noticed the cups had made an impression in the tabletop. Disaster! My question is, What Resin do I need to use to make these Geode tables so I have a much harder finished product? Do I need to use a deep pour resin or casting resin or an add in product to make the resin harder? I did mix the resin aggressively for 4 minutes prior to pouring it into the mold. Thanks in advance for your help.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Keith,

I’m sorry this happened to you. Yes, a casting resin is a better choice. They will cure harder and clearer, plus will resist the dents you experienced using Art Resin.

For a project like this, the Resin Obsession deep pour resin works great. You can mix anywhere from 3 ounces to 3 gallons at once. It cures in 48 to 72 hours depending on how much you mix. You can buy it in our store here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/casting

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Epoxy Resin Hardness’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube