fill a miniature, open sided room with resin?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Matilda

Hi,

I’m an art student and I create small scenes/ sets out of wood. I like to explore abandoned, forgotten spaces and I’m hoping here will give me some help I’m after…

I’ve mentioned I create small rooms, however, like a doll’s house, they have a side missing… With this being said, I was wondering how it would be possible/ what materials I would need to use to be able to partly fill my rooms with resin – to create a flooded affect, with still being able to access the room from side on?

I would need to put a temporary wall in place to pour the resin in, let it set, then take it away… but what material would be strong enough to keep it in place as well as not being adhesive to the resin?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

P.s, any tips on how to make resin look murky, dirty water is also a bonus!

Thank you,
      Matilda 🙂

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Matilda,

It sounds like this would be a perfect use for molds. We have molds in our store here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/molds

Create your ‘diorama’ scene in the mold, then demold.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘fill a miniature, open sided room with resin?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube