Fixing resin imperfections on top of a bezel

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from T:

Hi! I did some resin pendants and the top is a bit sticky and there are a few imperfections like circles (not bubbles) on the top. I’ve read some of your forum answers and it looks like I can put more resin over the current hardened resin, is that correct? Can I brush it on or would I see brushstrokes? Usually I pour my resin in to the pendant tray, but I’m almost to the top of the tray so I don’t have much room. Thanks so much for any help you can provide! 🙂

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

HI T,

Yes, you recoat with another layer of resin. I would suggest using a toothpick, dropping a few drops on, then spreading the resin. It will lavel on its own provided you get the second coat on the entire surface. Don’t over do it, as this will likely make it run over the side. If it does run over the side, let it get to the soft cure stage, then peel off the spillage. You can see what I’m talking about in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTAYTBEQrkk

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Fixing resin imperfections on top of a bezel’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube