Getting bubbles

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ron Lemingh

I’m still a beginner with resin. I’ve noticed that most people are anxious to get rid of bubbles in resin, but I’d like to make a kind of miniature aquarium, so I’m wondering how one can create bubbles in resin to emulate water.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Ron,

So are you trying to create a ‘champagne’ effect or were you wanting to strategically place the bubbles?

Ron Leming

Well. I’d like to be able to place the bubbles where I want them to duplicate like the aerator effect in aquariums and so on. Not the champagne, effect, though the could be interesting if you get differently colored bubbles.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

What I would try then is to use a pipette to introduce air into the resin once it starts to thicken. https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/pipettes-qty-20 It will take a little practice on your part as the bubble will still want to rise. Getting it to stay in place means placing the bubble when the resin is still liquid enough for you to introduce the pipette, but so thick the bubble can’t move.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Getting bubbles’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube