Glow in the dark powder floats to bottom during cure

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Michelle

Hi.

So Ive been experimenting with some glow in the dark pigment.  (This is it:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/104574837/aqua-glow-in-the-dark-pigment-powder?ref=sr_gallery_23&ga_search_query=glow+in+the+dark+pigment&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery)

I find that when I mix it – or even glitter – it wants to float towards the bottom.  Sometimes this is Ok, but sometimes its annoying.  I like to fill mini bottles and what I want is for it to be more evenly spread.  Instead it winds up settling at the bottom.

Am I doing something wrong and is there a solution to this?

Michelle

Katherine Swift

Hi Michelle,

I havent worked with that brand of powder, so this is pure speculation.  I would try mixing a little less of the powder with the resin.  You could also try mixing it as a stock solution, then adding it to a larger mix of resin.  Alternatively, you can try to pour in layers.  It may not fix the settling issue, but may make it less noticeable.

Have you contacted the seller?  I would be curious to here what he/she suggests.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Glow in the dark powder floats to bottom during cure’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube