Glow in the dark powders

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift

This question comes through email:

Hi, I have a question regarding the glow resin powder.

https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/colorants/products/day-glow-in-the-dark-powder-for-resin

I’ve been working on a project with it but Ive noticed that even though the resin has been dry for over a week, some of the pigment still comes off when I handle it. I plan on giving this to someone as a gift but I dont want them to worry about the pigment coming off on their hands when they handle it either. Is there a way to prevent this or is it recommended that I apply a thin layer of resin or spray on clear coat over the pigmented area? Id appreciate any help, thanks!

Mario

Katherine Swift

Mario,

Yes!  Either a coat of spray or resin will seal your project and keep the powders in.

I am curious though…

Ive never had a problem with the powders coming off, so Im wondering how youre using them. 

1.  Whats the ratio of powder to resin youre using?
      2.  Are you dusting your resin castings with the powder?

Mario

I tested out a ratio of about 4 oz of resin to about 1/2 pinky finger nail sized amount of glow powder before I worked on my project and even then I had spots of glow pigment showing up on my hands in the dark. Ive used much more resin with my larger project and some pigmentation still shows up on my hands. I havent done any dusting, Ive only mixed the powder and the resin and Ive used two different powders (blue and white) for two different layers.

Ive already used about 3 cans of resin on my project so I was hoping I could seal it in with some sort of spray-on sealer. Which spray-on sealer would you suggest?
      Katherine Swift
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Glow in the dark powders’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube