Grease stains in resin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Tess:

I’m new to the resin world! I’m making jewelry pendants using a metal tray. First I glue scrapbook paper on the tray. I then glue quotes or use sticker quotes to attach to the paper. I tried the Ice Resin and it is seeping under my quote paper and scrapbook paper. It is leaving a weird mark that looks like a grease stain. So there are blotches all around the edges of the quote paper and the scrapbook paper. Help!! Is there a better/different maybe water-based resin to use for this? Right now I’m trying to seal the paper with mod podge or regular glue and then pour the resin on that once the glue is dry. (I’m still testing that option!) I did use a microglaze (like a parafin wax) on my pieces as well and that didn’t help either.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Tess,

Those grease stains you are seeing is moisture seeping in from the resin. Are you covering your papers with glue before applying the resin? I would suggest sealing the papers, then applying them to your metal tray. Once they are on the tray, seal them again with another two layers of mod podge before applying the resin. Wait an hour in between coats and at least 12 hours after the last coat before applying the resin.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Grease stains in resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube