How to keep charms from changing color in resin?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Gina:

I enjoyed your No Bubbles video, thank you.
      At the end where you said put a charm in resin before placing in mold, will that also help the charm from turning?
      I had placed a couple of brass charms in resin and they turned green. Of course, it ruined what I was trying to make. So I’d very much appreciate your advice.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Gina,

Putting the charm in resin before putting it in the mold isn’t going to help. i.e. if it turned a different color when you added it to resin in the mold, putting it in the resin cup beforehand isn’t going to help. I suggest sealing your charms first before adding them to resin. I don’t know what there are out there for brass metal sealers, but the resin gloss sealer spray in our shop should work: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/castin-craft-gloss-resin-sealer-spray?variant=965319185 If you end up trying something different, make sure it’s not wax based. Resin won’t stick to wax.

Good luck!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘How to keep charms from changing color in resin?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube