How to make a resin handbag

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Prashant:

I need to make ladies clutch bags as seen in the attached image.

resin clutch

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

The first thing you are going to need is a mold. To me, it looks like this was cast as one piece.

It looks like it was cast with clear resin, with a little bit of colored purple resin. It’s hard to say exactly how this was done. Two possible approaches:

1. Clear resin was poured first. Colored resin was poured second. Both were allowed to mix as they wanted too.
      2. Clear resin was poured throughout the entire mold. Something like alcohol ink was dotted across the top and blended in slightly.

Once the resin was demolded, it appears as though thick gold mica was applied to the outside edges.

The top piece that serves as the button for the clutch looks like it could be cast separately. It looks like it may be an opaque gold color. In that case, cast the resin with gold metallic powder. https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/colorants/products/alumilite-metallic-powder

The only thing I cannot comment on are the black shadows. I think they may be something on the surface of the resin on the backside.

prashant

Hi..

Many thanks for the valuable feedback. Sorry to state, I am a beginner and hence I even don’t know, how to make a mold. The pic posted is from the Internet and I need to replicate the same. I even don’t have the prototype with me, either, which would have helped me a lot in making a mold.

I have a lot many similar designs to replicate and once the logic is clear, it would help me immensely.

If some training course is available, than I am more than eager to attend the same.

Lola

Has anyone identified a company that specializes in custom molds for clutch purses? Any recommendations?

Elizabeth

Anybody have any ideas on this? I’d love to make a resin clutch

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘How to make a resin handbag’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube