how to make resin glossy

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      keith

hi everyone
      i have been doing quite a bit of resin projects and using silicone moulds and the resin has came out nice and shiny but tacky to the touch even if left for weeks, this is fine if its straight or a block as i can sand it and polish anf its perfect, however i cannot do that with obscure shapes so how can i get around this ?
      i have today made some items from silicone moulds that were not shiny on the inside and they have came out cloudy , i presume its because of the mould, however they are not tacky like normal except the top which was not touching the mould, is there any way to get the matt finish to gloss finish please ?
      thank you in advance

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Keith,

What kind/brand of resin are you using?

keith

hi, thanks for the reply i am using this resin in the link, i have just read the info on it stupidly after using it lol, it says it will cure tacky and need sanded down to remove the tacky from the surface, is that normal then ? or is there a better resin that will not do that, sorry i am in the uk https://www.fibreglassdirect.co.uk/5kg-water-clear-casting-resin-catalyst.html

keith

thank you for that, so is it epoxy resin i need to make it non tacky ?
      the only resin i can seem to find takes about 10 hours to cure, i would of liked one that gels in about half an hour so i can embed my items , is there a resin available that does that which dries non tacky ?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘how to make resin glossy’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube