How to make the sides of my jewelry shine after sanding

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hannah Hultine

Is there a way to get a glossy finish on a resin jewelry piece without painting the resin on again (I have tried this and the spread of the resin, no matter how careful I was, just made it so I had to sand it again)? I am curious about products such as Aleene’s Spray Gloss Finish Acrylic Sealer and Castin Craft Clear Gloss/Finish spray. Any thoughts?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Hannah,

I cover a lot of options in this article, including how to use the resin gloss sealer spray to get a shiny finish: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/how-to-polish-resin-different-ways-of-polishing-resin/

Hannah Hultine

Thank you for the info on these two products! Do you know if the Castin Craft Gloss Resin Sealer Spray or the Novus Resin polishing kit is irritating to sensitive skin? I am looking to polish my handmade earrings so they will come into contact with at times sensitive ears. If not, which would you recommend? I noticed both products are sold out, but if these are the best ones, I will wait until they are available. Thanks!

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

I’ve used both of them regularly on resin jewelry and haven’t noticed any issues.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘How to make the sides of my jewelry shine after sanding’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube