How To Write On Resin

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Sharon Roberts.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Miss Ferrari

Hello everyone! I’m hoping someone can help me.
      I’m the owner of FaithTrustCreations on etsy, and am about to release a new line of pet themed Christmas ornaments. My problem is that I would like to offer the option to customize them with pet names, however, I’m unsure how. I tried to write with various colored Sharpies on some scrap resin pieces, but it rubbed right off! I was thinking of using paint pens, but I don’t have much luck with painting directly on resin. I pride myself on having a fast turn around time, so I don’t want to recoat my pieces either. I use EasyCast resin if that helps at all.
      Any and all suggestions are appreciated! I will offer a 10% discount in my shop (code: PETNAME) for anyone who replies with a suggestion! Thank you so much!
      Blessings,
      Miss Ferrari
      Etsy.com/shop/faithtrustcreations

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hmm. Paint pens was going to be my suggestion.

Maybe you could use an ink pad with StazOn ink to personalize with the name?

Miss Ferrari

Thank you for your reply Katherine! I want to use paint pens, but I’m just worried that I would need to seal in my work with more resin. Would I need to recoat my pieces afterwards? I’m not familiar with the type of paint in paint pens, are they like acrylic paint or a more permanent oil based paint? Thank you again for your help!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

If you are going to use paint pens, then yes, I would seal them with more resin to be sure they ‘stick’.

Nell

Did you ever figure this out? Does the paint pen need to be sealed on?

Sharon Roberts

Hi Just saw on You tube you can use a Sharpie pen.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘How To Write On Resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube