I am extremely afraid of the mistakes I made

Premium resin, epoxy colors and molds for making art and crafts Forums Resin Safety I am extremely afraid of the mistakes I made

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #99281

      I wish I found this website before I got started. 5 months ago I did my first resin craft and I did it in my room. I had my windows open, my window ac was in to circulate the room, and I turned on my air purifier. The only issue is my resin bottle had resin on the side that spilled and I left it be because I was lazy. I’m scared I’ve been breathing in those fumes all this time. I don’t smell anything anymore and there was a little bit of resin that pooled at the bottom. It’s limino UV resin so it never cured and I’m worried it’s been giving off toxic fumes for 5 months. Also, I’m scared it got on things I don’t know about and it’s everywhere in my house. I did clean my table with rubbing alcohol but I’m not sure if that’s enough to make the surface safe to touch again? Am I going to be okay? I’m so paranoid right now and I wish I knew it’s toxicity before I worked with it.

    • #99378
      Katherine Swift

      Hi Christine,

      I can sense the concern in your message and I’m glad to hear you are taking safety seriously moving forward.

      First and foremost, if you are concerned about your health, you should speak to a medical professional about the resin you’ve been using, explaining the situation. In my personal opinion though (I’m not a people healthcare professional), what you describe is no different than many resin crafting areas around the world. While I don’t use UV resin, I know I find small spills in my studio from time to time. I simply clean them up and remind myself to be more careful. 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘I am extremely afraid of the mistakes I made’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates10.2k
Follow on Facebook24.5k
Follow on Pinterest199k
Follow on Instagram15.9k
Follow on Youtube74.8k