I need stone hard resin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      pete

Hi 🙂 

I have tried ice resin but it is not hard enough after curing 🙁 
      What else should I try? 
      It need to be hard after curing, and be able to stick to metal, as I want to puor my resin into sheet of metal ( I will abrase it before pouring resin) 
      what would you reccomend? 
      Katherine Swift

Hi Pete,

I would recommend either a polyester or fiberglass resin.  We sell a polyester resin here:  https://www.resinobsession.com/ItemPage/5875/Castin-Craft-Polyester-Resin-16-oz-Restricted-shipping.html

pete

do you sell fibreglass resin as well?

can you tell me what do they use to create jewelery? as I cant imagine that jewelery would be  any soft…it need to be very hard impossible to make mark with your nail….
      Katherine Swift

Hi Pete,

We do not sell fiberglass resin.

A lot of jewelry is created with epoxy resin.  Some are harder than others when they cure, so I would suggest trying another resin other than ICE resin.  (For example, our Resin Obsession super clear resin cures very hard, while the Easy Cast epoxy resin can still be dented with a fingernail after curing).

You can also use polyester resin to create jewelry.  This is very useful if you want a very hard cure (like it sounds you want) that can be polished with a buffing wheel.

Me

Does fiberglass affect the clarity of the resin? Will it still cure crystal clear?

Katherine Swift
          Keymaster

I’m not sure. I haven’t added fiberglass to resin.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘I need stone hard resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube