I WANT tiny bubbles in my resin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift

This question comes through the Resin Obsession ebay store:

Hi, Im a repeat customer of yours and am hoping you can help me with a problem. I use the resin to make miniature drinks and soups, etc. Ive made all kinds of drinks;beers (light, amber,dark),milk, juices, wine, kool aids. All with no problem. But, when I make cola or coffee colored drinks, I get a very large % of them that end up with a huge air bubble, almost half the size of the glass. I like the little air bubbles b/c it makes them look carbonated. I am at a loss and hesitate to make any colas, b/c I have a limited number of glasses, and wont be able to get anymore like them. I dont want to ruin them. I was hoping you had some ideas. Thanks in advance for your time.

Katherine Swift

It sounds like the bubbles are doing what they want to do — joining together and trying to rise to the top.

Have you tried waiting till the resin is starting to cure (thick syrup), mixing in some bubbles, then trying to pour? 

Allison

Hello, 

I am curious as to how you are able to make the different color beer? I am trying to make 6 beer props for my art show that is in a couple of weeks and have experimented but havent had any luck yet. Also do you know how to make the foam at the top?
      Thank you, 
      ALlison Frank
      Katherine Swift

@Allison, I would suggest using our transparent dyes to get a beer color:

https://www.resinobsession.com/-Transparent-Liquid.html

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘I WANT tiny bubbles in my resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube