I’m an idiot

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Scott

Hello all I want to start off by saying I’m an idiot. I have a project that requires multiple pours. Well the last pout I am not sure what I was doing or thinking but I apparently poured only part A into both my cups or I poured way more. I’m thinking I did not add the Gardner at all. It was sitting for 20 hours and was not drying so I looked closer and noticed it was not even trying to harden.

So I took a heat gun and a syringe and sucked out all of it. Well all I could. There is still a thin layer.

So here is my question. Well 2 questions. When mixing this layer should I start crest and dispose of what I removed or can I use it still?

Question 2 what do I do with what’s left on the project? Should I clean the rest out? If so how? Should I use acetone or something to wipe it clean? Will it hurt the next pour if I leave it?

Any answers will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Scott

Sorry for the misspelled words. I did not notice. Gardner is supposed to be hardener and what ever else I messed up sorry my phone screen is broke :/

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Scott,

Sounds like things are kinda crazy with this project! Here’s what I would do:

1. Do not reuse the part A resin on an ‘important’ project. It’s likely dirty and contaminated and won’t give you pretty results.
      2. Remove all of the Part A resin from your project. Use baby wipes and/or alcohol to completely clean the surface.

Good luck!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘I’m an idiot’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube