Increase weight of clear resin so it feels more like glass

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Casey

What type of resin should I use to achieve a heavier weight for jewelry making? I want the resin to feel more like glass. Right now, the resin feels paper light and even though it is crystal clear… it feels cheap. Are there things that can be added to resin to achieve this or a certain type of resin?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Casey,

I’m not aware of a product like this.

Shannon

I’ve had the same issue… I’ve had a better result with deep pour resin, even if it’s not *really* a “deep” Poor
      pour… I seem to have better results with resin that requires a 3:1 ratio over 1:1. I’ve also been thinking about trying marine resin. I get 2 resin sub boxes and unfortunately never keep track of what resin I’m using for what, and on top of it have a bunch of different other brands to try, & made a ticket tray a year ago that was the perfect density but can’t remember what resin I used! It seems to me that the less hardener the heavier the result… I just found 5:1 resin somewhere but I can’t remember where! Maybe Barnes, in Australia?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Increase weight of clear resin so it feels more like glass’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube