Issues with resin under glass

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Jackie:

Using 2 part Resin under glass cabochon on laser prints. 1) can I use this resin under a glass cabochon like I use the water based “crafty” resin? I am have huge issues with the crafty resin causing my laser prints to bleed, silver streaks, bubbles…but they don’t show up for months later. I began to wholesale my glass jewelry pieces and I am so nervous that the sold pieces are going to have these issues. Its hit or miss. But wondered if I can use this resin under the glass onto a laser printed image? Then lay the image with glass adhered into a pendant tray? Please help… desperate in MI… 🙂

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Jackie,

I’m not sure what you mean by 2 part resin versus crafty resin. If you would like to update this thread with the exact kind/brand you are using, I might be able to make some better recommendations.

In the meantime, in my opinion, it seems like a lot of extra work to use resin for what you are doing. If I wanted to adhere glass cabochons to paper prints, I would try E6000. There is no mixing involved and possibly less paper preparation. You can buy it in our store here:

https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/e-6000-epoxy-jewelry-adhesive

As for what you are experiencing now, are you sealing your papers with a glue before you apply the resin? What glue are you using?

Jackie bessner

I am using Sun and moon one part resin. I have read threads all over internet and folks are having similar issues with one part resins. Streaks bleeding inks bubbles. Eos6000 will destroy the ink as its solvent based. I have used it to adhere the pendant to the tray and it causes problems even on the back. the jewelry looks fine but then months later issues. Very frustrated and am ready to give up…

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Thanks Jackie. Your response is very helpful.

I have not worked with the Sun and Moon resin glaze product. Personally, I think it’s a little misleading that they call it a ‘resin’ when I don’t consider it anything close to resin. Since you haven’t had good luck with this product, a two-part resin would be a good try.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Issues with resin under glass’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube