Large Pour

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Luke Capell

Howdy everyone, hope ya doing well. I’m looking to make a smallish river table using some Resin. I need the resin to fill a space that’s 50cm in length – 10cm wide and around 3.5cm in depth. Everything I seem to find online is for smaller objects. Is it possible to pour this all at once and if so, what Resin would you recommend I use?
      I’m really new to Resin and have cast some small objects in it, just to get a feel for it. I had no idea the heat it generated when setting. Would a pour of the size above generate to much heat? Thanks in advance for anyone taking time out of there day to reply. Cheers. Luke

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Luke,

Do you hope to use power tools to finish the table (sanding, polishing, etc.) when you are done? That will help me with a recommendation.

In order to pour this all at once, you need to know the maximum mixing amount of the resin you are using. Otherwise, yes, you will generate too much heat and the resin will cure too quickly.

Luke Capell

Hi Katherine. Thanks for the reply. I don’t intend to use power tools on the table. I guess i’m ok with doing multi pours, just that i’m new to this and figured i’d have more chance of stuffing it up if I went that way. Thanks

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Large Pour’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube