Low temperature cure resin for dried whole flowers in round paperweight orb

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Catherine Berendsohn

I am trying to make a preservation cast for a special orchid blooming in my yard, the original I made burned the flower and it turned ugly and black. The second one I did, I painted the flower using acrylics and then made the cast. It was drowned by bubbles. It isn’t visible now. I had to wait some years now and the flowers are blooming again. I want to see if drying them in silica will help keep the color from turning black or having to paint the flower. I have a heat gun now. I am wondering what resin will help to not burn the flower, be bubble free and non-yellowing? I saw that “low heat” curing can help. What resin will get the job done? The jewelry one might be too small for the spherical mold. I am wondering also if I need to coat the flower first with a thin coat of low heat cure resin and then use more in the sphere later? Thanks for the feedback!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Catherine, this article will help: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-tutorials/preserve-flowers-in-resin/

It shows the same project but using roses instead of orchids.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Low temperature cure resin for dried whole flowers in round paperweight orb’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube