Make resin stripes

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift

This question comes through email:

Hello, my name is Francesca and I?m writing you from Italy.  I like your web site very much!!!
      Could you please explain me how to make striped  resin rings like those you can see in the attached pictures?
      Thank you
      Best regards
      Francesca

Katherine Swift

Francesca,

Both of these pieces were made (most likely) from silicone molds that were in the vertical position.  Both finished pieces are shown horizontally.  The colors were poured in layers, allowing enough time between layers for the resin to cure such that they didnt blend with each other when poured.  In the case of the colors that are very even, but on opposite sides of the holes, Im guessing what someone did (or at least what I would do) is carefully measure the amount of resin I put in both sides to make sure one color stripe wasnt thicker than the other.

christina

I know this is an old post, but:

I, too, was very curious about how to do this. I tried doing the vertical mold thing, among other various ways to achieve this look, with limited success. In my experience it is impossible to get the perfect, clean, even lines using these methods. 
      I then initiated a research storm, and found out how they do it. Each of these pieces start out as a large, squarish block of resin. The piece is then sort of, cut, or drilled out of the block, then sanded to achieve shape and shine. Unfortunately, I didnt save the link that spilled the beans, and dont feel like trying to figure out how I got there, LOL. 
      I know for sure this is how the bracelet is done, so I assume it would be the same for the ring.
      Katherine Swift

Christina,

I have seen that technique too.  Sherri Haab shows a version of that using a pool ball (like shooting pool) where you cut and drill.  If you ever find the link, please post it here.  I know lots would like to try it out!

christina

Do you have the link for the Sherri Haab one? Ill come across the link for the method at some point. I tend to get researchy really late at night when I cant sleep, so its inevitable 😀

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Make resin stripes’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube