Making resin jewelry with vertical stripes

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes through email by Doris:

How do you achieve vertical stripes without the resin dripping out? I understand resin layers horazontial but not virtical. I would be sooooooo grateful for you to answer this question. I have searched everywhere. Also love your work, Biggest Hug & Thankyou

resin with stripes

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Doris,

There are two ways to attempt this:

1. These resin pieces will need to be cast in a vertical mold. You will need to pour a little bit of resin on one side, then the other. It is almost impossible to get it even. (You can see from the picture that the stripes are pretty even.)

2. The resin is cast in layers, then machined to look like this. (Mostly likely the way it was done here too.) Someone likely used tools like a woodworking lathes to drill and polish the resin.

Doris

Ok Thankyou so much, in other words its not for the light hearted or beginners.
        If anyone can direct me or let me know where I could learn more about vertical stripes I would be so grateful, would love a video of this process it fascinates me, as it does looks stunning.
        Thankyou very much for all you do & your precious time & energy.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Search for surfboard resin on you tube. That might bring you something.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Making resin jewelry with vertical stripes’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube