Need Jewelry Resin Recommdation

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Melissa Smith

Hello:
      I’m looking for a resin to use primarily in small jewelry molds (usually 1/4″ to 3/8″ thick and 1″ to 4″ wide).

It must be clear, thin, waterproof (when cured) and prefer a longer working time of 30 minutes or more (if possible). Prefer dry time to be 24 hrs or less.
      Don’t want to fight microbubbles and it needs to cure fairly hard. I usually pour in thin layers and want to be able to blow color around slightly (with a straw) to obtain a cell type affect. Final cured product will have clear areas so resin needs UV inhibitor so it will stay clear for years if cared for.

Colors used are primarily acrylic paints and alcohol inks.

Finally, it must be safe to use in my house. I’ve tried several art epoxy resin brands and can’t find one that meets all criteria. (I first started using resin with wall art) Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks so much!
      Melissa

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Melissa,

Based on your needs, the Resin Obsession super clear resin is the best fit. It cures hard and durable, even in thin castings like what you describe. It’s meant for molds. If you warm the kit before using and stir carefully, bubbles are almost never a problem. It has a pot time of about 25 minutes and also has UV inhibitors. You can find it in several sizes in our store here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/resin-obsession-super-clear-resin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Need Jewelry Resin Recommdation’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube