nees solutions for epoxy bubbles

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      s.s.d.

i am using waterthin or epoxy resin with high viscocity. i wanted to coat my artwork with epoxy. i am using 8mm mdf borad as base for art work. i mixed resin,hrdener in correct ratio as mentioned in instructions. i mixed it slowly and kept it aside for some time as per instructions. but i could not see any bubbles in the mix so i poured on artwork but after 5 min i could see lots of micro bubbles on my work.i am trying to find reason and solution for it. pleas guide me. thank you in advance
      i also want to know which epoxy is better epoxy with low viscocity or epoxy with high viscocity foe coating my paintings on 8mm mdf board?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi,

Did you warm your resin and hardener bottles first before mixing? That will help with bubbles. Make sure your casting area is warm too. If there is a significant temperature difference between your resin and the surface you are casting on, there will be bubbles as well.

For coating artwork, you want to use a resin with a thick viscosity. Thinner viscosity resins will not want to stay on the surface of your board.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘nees solutions for epoxy bubbles’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube