New to resin crafts – Mold help

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by Dan.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dan

Hey everyone. New to the forum so please forgive me if I post in the wrong place.

Finally got my chess piece mold today after 2 weeks of waiting. I’ve tried messaging the seller about my issue, but they don’t understand my question. I’d of liked to post a pic of it so you can see what I mean, but will try and explain the best I can lol.

So, I have my silicone chess piece mold. When I make the mixture up to pour into it and remove the chess pieces, they will effectively be half a chess piece. It’s like I need a duplicate mold to make the “other half” of the piece.

Imagine a chess piece cut symmetrically in half, that’s effectively what my end product will look like…It makes sense in my head haha.

Any help would be appreciated, I’m really excited to get started making and experimenting with resin. Many thanks 🙂

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Dan,

Can you make two pieces, then adhere them together?

Dan

That’s what I was thinking. As I am new to this, I wonder how easy would it be to do without the end result looking like there are obviously two pieces stuck together haha.

Thank you for your response 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘New to resin crafts – Mold help’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube