No luck with polishing Resin jewelry pieces

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Rebeca Perez

Hello all!
      So I’ve just gotten into making uv resin jewelry since December and I’ve been having trouble with sanding and polishing. I sand from 400 to 1500 grit and use flitz polish and microfiber. For sanding, I sanded with each grit for about 30 seconds to a minute and I polish with the paste and microfiber firmly for about 20 seconds. I have issues with my resin pieces still coming out a bit hazy instead of shiny no matter how many times I buff it. What could be the problem?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Rebecca,

I’m sorry to hear your resin castings are getting shiny enough for you. This article will help: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/how-to-polish-resin-different-ways-of-polishing-resin/

Rebeca Perez

Wow, I actually think it worked! I just needed to use cotton buffs lol. Thanks! Any advice on how to not get warped pieces? My rectangle pieces always come out a little warped and with pot holes :((

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Are your molds straight and shiny? If castings are coming out with those defects, that’s the first place I would look.

Rebeca Perez

My molds are silicon and I mostly have that problem with the large rectangular pieces

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

I want to help you with your project, and I think this situation is best suited for a one-on-one consulting call where you and I talk back and forth about what’s going on. A 15-minute consultation call is $20. I do them by video so I can have a chance to see what you are working on.

If you are interested, please send a message through the ‘contact us’ page and I can get this going for you.

Sincerely,
        Katherine @ Resin Obsession

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘No luck with polishing Resin jewelry pieces’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube