Packaging Resins Without Scratching

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Madison Stiver

I am about to start putting my resin creations up for sale. Before I do I would like to know what is the best material to wrap them in so they don’t scratch in the shipping process? I have bought basic jewelry cardboard boxes to put them in and will make sure they don’t have room to move around in the box, but I am concerned about them scratching before they arrive to the customer and need to know what they should initially be safe wrapped in. Felt or faux velvet comes to mind but I’d like to hear opinions from others. Thanks!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Madison, I will wrap mine in tissue paper, then place in a zip top bag. I also ship them in padded envelopes.

Madison Stiver

wouldn’t tissue paper be a tad too abrasive?

judy

Katherine, do you mean that you eliminate the box completely? Or do you wrap them in tissue, put them in a box, and then put in a plastic bag?

Thanks!
      Judy

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

I ship out small pieces (think scrabble tile size). I wrap them in the slick side of tissue paper, put them in a plastic bag, then ship them in a padded envelope. A box would certainly be more appropriate for larger pieces.

Sam

I package my resin pieces (they’re somewhat large! 4×4 inches) in bubble wrap and place them in boxes with tissue or peanuts for cushioning 🙂 so far, they haven’t scratched!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Packaging Resins Without Scratching’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube