Papers not staying crisp and clear in resin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Katherine Swift

This question comes through email by Julie:

I am making cuff links in a silver bezel setting.  I am using a high quality photo paper and printing black background on white text.  I am using black ink only.  The print looks good with a dark crisp black.  I am sealing it w/ Mod Podge.  Upon applying the resin, Im using Ice Resin, the black on the paper looses its quality and looks faded.  I have tried several options/times and am not having any luck.  It just doesnt look professional.  Any suggestions??

Thanks so much!!

Katherine Swift

Julie,Two suggestions I have for you:

1.  Are you using an ink jet printer?  I have never been satisfied with the quality of those printings, even when sealing properly.  I switched to a laser printer a few years ago and have been much happier with my papers.  If you only need a few papers done, you might see about having a local print/copy shop do them for you.

2.  Have you tried sealing them in tape?  You might see if that gets you better results.  (Get a piece of clear packing tape, put down your paper, put on another layer of packing tape.  Trim the tape down close to the edge.)

I show it here:

https://youtu.be/86R7QBst4_o

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Papers not staying crisp and clear in resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube