Pigment Swirls in Resin Cause Resin Not to Cure

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Hannah

Hello, I have had this problem twice now and I was hoping someone would be able to help me out. I am trying to make dice, and currently am trying to make clear dice with pigmented swirls inside of them. I mixed the resin, poured the clear resin in the mold first and then mixed bronze powder pigment in with the remaining resin. I dropped some in and swirled it inside the clear resin. I had some leftover so I poured the remaining pigmented resin into two other mold. Check them yesterday, a day after having poured them, the two pigmented ones were far along in the curing process, the tops having hardened. However, the mold with the swirls has not solidified at all.

I want to fix this and was hoping somebody would know what I’m doing wrong. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

What kind/brand of resin are you using?

Hannah

Alumilite High Gloss resin

Hannah

Yes, that is the correct one. I am using powdered pigments, they aren’t labeled with a specific brand.

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

This is a bit odd. Has the resin in the dice mold cured at all?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Pigment Swirls in Resin Cause Resin Not to Cure’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube