Pigmentation in Acrylic Resin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Dan

Love your site. I am just starting out using acrylic resin. I tried mixing a thicker acrylic paint into resin and also liquid ink each on separate pours (2). I put the 5 colors mixed separately and then poured them all together in one container and poured it onto my sheet rock. I wound up with a greenish pour and none of the vibrant colors came thru. They didn’t behave as separate colors I have seen in your videos….just mixed themselves together. Any pointers? Thanks, Dan

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Dan,

Since you are starting out, I recommend using colors your manufacturer recommends to color the resin. That should get you the best results.

Once you feel comfortable with that, it sounds you need to wait until closer to the end of your resin’s pot time to pour it.

Good luck!

Dan

Hi Katherine, Thanks for the tips. I have seen YouTube videos where they add the color, whatever pigmentation is their preference, and immediately pour it onto the canvas. BUT I follow directions well and will of course wait a few minutes to pour the colored resin onto the medium. I think your comment about using what the resin manufacturer recommends is spot on and will research that as well. Fun times ahead. Hope all is well! Regards, Dan

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Pigmentation in Acrylic Resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube