Pouring resin on top of wood

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      DENNIS WALLS

Hello – I am looking for links which show the best techniques for pouring resin on top of wood objects. In particular last night I experimented with a small piece if wood. The issues I ran into is there was air in the piece if wood I was experimenting with. I do have a a vacuum chamber but for the most part my pieces are too large to fit into the chamber. The piece I was working with was creating a lot of air bubbles. What is the best method to ensure the piece I am working with will not produce bubbles when pouring resin? In most cases I will paint the piece I am working with or stain it prior to pouring. I also ran into the issue where after pouring, the resin did flow down the edges of my piece but I ended up with resin underneath the board. I was hoping to be able to find a technique to use where the resin covers the edge of the board but doesn’t flow onto the back of the board. Maybe there is a technique to protect the back to prevent this from happening? Thanks for your help

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Dennis,

It sounds like Cactus Juice will help you. I don’t have any experience with it, but there is a discussion about using it with wood here: https://www.resinobsession.com/forums/topic/best-resin-for-humid-climate

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Pouring resin on top of wood’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube