Preserving a four leaf clover in resin

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Julie:

I have a very old four leaf clover I found as a child and recently re-located it when my Mother passed. I would like to preserve it. I’ve read your list of resins and what each one does but the one I think would be right is listed as the hardest to mix. I only need a small amount to cast in a baseball card size area thin enough that I can then place embed into a picture frame or make a nice enough structure/molding that can be independently jk on our wall. What do you recommend for this type of endeavor?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Julie,

First thing you want to do is make sure the clover is thoroughly dry. After this time, I would expect that would not be a problem. You will need to seal it before including it in the resin. If it were me, I would probably use the contact paper method shown here: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-tutorials/dried-flowers-in-resin-the-next-step

For the area that you want to use with resin, does it have sides or not? That will impact the resin recommendation.

jilie

I think I will the cases my hubby use for his sport cards and money I put into a shadow box frame

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

HI Julie,

Since you are using the resin in a mold (without demolding) I would suggest the Resin Obsession super clear resin. One of our small kits should be plenty of resin for you.

https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/products/resin-obsession-super-clear-resin-6-oz-kit-jewelry-quality-resin

Kate Oliver

Hi all, I’m an aussie who has never dried flowers before, however I need advice to start as I was lucky enough to find a four leaf clover this morning 🙂
      I don’t know if I can get the resin products here, so would you recommend the contact drying method, or would another method be more suitable just in case resin setting is not an option?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Using contact paper should be fine.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Preserving a four leaf clover in resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube