Problems with bubbles not coming out of resin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Nicole

Hello, I am very new to resin jewelry making.

I bought the “Enviro Tex Lite, Pour-on, High Gloss Finish,” with a 1:1 ratio.

Anyways I have made a few charms and one bottle cap piece.  I followed the directions and gently blew air on them.  This second time I did it with a straw, which seemed to help but only a little.  I would also take a Popsicle stick or tooth pick and bring the larger ones to the surface to pop.

They all have tons of microscopic bubbles regardless of how many times I tried blowing on/in them.

What am I doing wrong?  Ive already used about 1/3 of my bottles and I dont want to waste any more 🙁

Katherine Swift

Heres a few things Im thinking about here:

1.  You didn’t make any mention of what you’re including in your pendants and bottle caps.  Im wondering if your resin is reacting with your embedments.  When I doubt, I always seal first.

2.  Is your resin warm enough?  It needs to be in an ambient room temperature of 70 to 75 degrees.  Place in a warm water bath for a couple of minutes first before mixing.

3.  How thick are your pours?  This resin should only be poured in thin layers of 1/8 inch or less at a time.  That should be a thin enough layer that your bubbles can come to the surface and escape.

4.  How vigorously are you mixing your resin to begin with?  I advocate mixing deliberately, being careful not to incorporate bubbles. 

https://youtu.be/zJz0SQOCtsY

Nicole

The bottle cap only has a picture of a cat glued to the bottom and thats it.  (with lots of tiny bubbles)
      As for the charms, they either have glitter in them, or on the back of them.
      Then I have 2 charms that have dried/pressed flowers in them, and have some bubbles around a couple of the edges of the flowers. 

As for the suggestions you gave me, I will definitely not "whip" the resin  while mixing any more.  That created tons of bubbles.

I have poured a few too thick, just poured it right in.  So Ill do it in layers for thicker molds.

Thank you for your help ^_^

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Problems with bubbles not coming out of resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube