Resin a bit blurry On some parts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kevin

Hello ! im kinda new to this, and my work has a small problem. its a 3d resin painting of a dragon, i love this piece.. this is the first succesfull piece ive ever done…And i was just sealing it and curing it in the sun..ive watched over it to make sure nothings wrong and lol it started getting a bit a blurry and immediately took it out of the pavement .. Fortunately only some parts(mostly the legs) are a bit blurry (not insanely cloudy) the head and horns are fine (but could be clearer).Can i sandpaper and polish it on those specific parts ? or do i need to do it all ?… Sorry, its hard to describe it here since i cant upload any picture….to show you what it looks like… its just a red dragon on a clear glass plate.. Please help me any tips would be appreciated….Note tho its only a thin coating of resin (i domed it).. so do i need to mind on how hard i sand the piece ? Thanks !

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

I’m not clear on what happened. Are you saying you 3D printed something with resin, then it went cloudy after you put it outside?

Kevin

not cloudy… a bit blurry… thats all. Like on parts of the limbs… not a 3d print… its a hand painted 3d dragon… Like i worked on layers to create a 3d illusion… and some parts of the claw is blurry when i was sealing it.. can i sand that part alone ? or is it necessary to sand all of em ?

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

I would try sanding those parts alone. You can always sand the entire piece if it doesn’t work.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin a bit blurry On some parts’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube