Resin as a top coat

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Leah snyder

I am working with glass bulbs, vases and wood box top. I want the gloss pop look on my designs but it is not a typical setup. I think I apply it and put an even coat on but will still get some areas that appear as if the resin was not applied. I want a coat of resin on it but it recedes and dimples. Is there a non leveling epoxy resin? I have tried a couple different brands.
      Comments, tips, recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Leah, it sounds like you may not be using a self-leveling resin, also known as a doming resin.

This is the resin I would use for a project like this: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/resin-obsession-crystal-doming-resin

Leah

I was/am using a self leveling doming resin. Not this brand, which might be something to consider… on canvas surfaces I use a styrofoam base for support under the canvas. It has done the same thing on acrylic. After completely covering the surface and it dripping off the sides, I will come in the next morning hand have little areas where there is no resin. Little empty pockets. It torches fine, no bubbles but there are these areas that look like missed spots. This is clear resin to coat artwork. My molds are fine but not surface coating???

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin as a top coat’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube