Resin cloudy months after being cured clear

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Cassie

Hey, this is my first time here. I just had a customer message me about a pendant they ordered being cloudy on top and wondering how to Polish it. I’ve been making resin jewelry for a few years now and I’ve never had this happen. The pendant was made with resin obsession crystal clear resin in a closed back bezels. It was made several months ago and it cured rock hard and clear, I’ve never had anything I’ve made get cloudy after it being perfectly cured. Does anyone know what would cause this? They sent a picture and the top is super cloudy. He said the only thing he did was wipe it with some water which wouldn’t have that effect. I’m going to send him a replacement but id really like to know why this happened. It makes me sad when someone buys something I made and it’s not what they expected. Also is there any way he could try to polish it to remove the clouding? I’m pretty sure it’s just a lost cause and I don’t even know what it is to tell him how to fix it

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Cassie,

This is really strange and I don’t know exactly what to tell you here. I’m going to reach out to you directly so that I can take a look at the picture and see if we can’t figure out what’s going on.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Resin cloudy months after being cured clear’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube