Resin curing with wrinkles and lines

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tracey

Hi,
      Just seeing if anyone might have any idea about what is going on here.

I have been using glass coat liquid gloss epoxy resin 1:1 for several years to coat acrylic and alcohol ink paintings without any problems. I recently bought a 2 litre kit (I usually get it in the smaller bottles) and applied it to two projects. Unfortunately both have dried with what I can only describe as wrinkles and fine lines. I didn’t do anything different to what I normally do and I have never seen it do this before. The room temp was stable and I don’t go overboard with the heat gun to remove bubbles. The resin did seem a bit different when mixing, sort of mixed to clear after 5 mins but then went a bit cloudy and streaky after sitting out for several more minutes. Is it possible to get a ‘bad’ batch of resin? I would appreciate any feedback that you can give. Thanks! Tracey

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Tracey,

There are a few reasons why this could have happened. Have you seen this article? https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/cloudy-resin-why-is-my-resin-cloudy-reasons-for-cloudy-resin/

Could any of these happened to you?

Steph Shore

I’ve had this problem too with the curing not the cloudiness. I use a polyester resin (1ml to 100ml ratio)

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Steph,

It sounds like your resin may have shrunk too much during curing.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin curing with wrinkles and lines’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube