Resin Frosting

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Elenor

Hello there

I will write something on the forum also, as I think I need to demonstrate this with images, basically I’m having issues with my resin tile frosting at the edges, I have been making tiles as tests as I eventually want to make a huge slab of resin. I’m not sure if the frosting is to do with the resin I am using (Eli-Chem Total Cast) the silicon mould which is made from (Moldstar 20-T) or is the frosting coming from the surface of the gesso panel I cast to create the tile. I’ve been making the resin in warm temperatures… so I’m not sure why it’s frosting.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Elenor,

If you want a perfectly smooth and shiny surface to your resin castings, you have to use a smooth and shiny template to make your molds from. I suspect the frosted edges are coming from the gesso panel template not having a perfect surface, which then imparts onto the silicone mold.

If the frosting is minimal, it may disappear if you recoat with another layer of resin (use it like a glaze) or a couple light coats of our resin gloss sealer spray: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/castin-craft-gloss-resin-sealer-spray Otherwise, you will have to sand, then recoat the surfaces.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Resin Frosting’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube