Resin in wood

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed

Hi all,
      I’m making a measuring ruler for my nephew out of a plank of hardwood decking. I’ve cut holes and lettering out of it wanting to fill them with both glow in the dark resin and some Lego figures. Through trial and error I’ve found a silicon mat works to prevent the resin from leaking out but I’m left with a haze to that side, how do I get it crystal clear? I’m using Pebeo Gedeo’s Crystal Resin and leaving it >24hrs to set. Also does adding the glow in the dark powder alter the chemical ratio needed for the resin? Many thanks for any help!
      Ed

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Ed,

I haven’t found that using glow powder in resin causes a curing problem, but you should try to use as little as possible.

As for getting a glossy finish to the down side again, you will either need to recoat it with another layer of resin, or use a couple light coats of gloss sealer spray. You can find it in our store here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/castin-craft-gloss-resin-sealer-spray

Ed

Awesome, thanks for the rapid reply, I’ll try a second layer as cannot get the spray as I live in the UK. Great website, very informative 😁

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin in wood’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube