Resin on custom Jewlery Dishes

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Shea

Hi

I make custom jewelry dishes/vanity trays….I love the gloss and protectiveness that resin offers and want to start using that as my final step, but I unsure about the application process. I know I can pour it and it will cover the bottom evenly but I’m unsure how to address the sides….can I brush it on the side with a brush/sponge or maybe with my hands….since it’s self leveling I shouldn’t get lines or brush marks right..??????…or is that a horrible idea

My next delinema is some of my pieces are not always flat the may curve sides or raised edges making the kinda concave…will the resin pool so to speak in the middle if poured…which brings me back t brushing but I’m not certain that would give me a thick enough protection

I have a feeling I’m over thinking this and you are going to give me a simple solution…..I greatly appreciate ur input and suggestions

Thanks

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Shea,

While resin can cover a dish, it is going to pool at the bottom. I’m afraid it won’t stay on the sides of your dishes very well.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Resin on custom Jewlery Dishes’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube